News and Announcements
PrivIT & 8to18 Registration Instructions for Parents and Athletes
Parents & Athletes,
We are using an online method of completing EMFs, concussion forms, physical forms, etc. Anyone who is not aware of how to register please read the information below and see the link below for the Priv-IT Help Center. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Priv-IT Link: http://support.priv-it.com/hc/en-us
PARENT REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
To register online use the following instructions:
- Go to https://newtonlocal.8to18.com (no www.) or go to the Athletics website- www.athletics2000.com/newtonlocal and select registration tab
- Click on “Create An Account” and enter your own email and create your own password. (Please be sure to remember this password as you will use this for the years to come for all of your children.)
- Click on “Begin Registration”
- “Select Activity”
- Choose the sport your child will be trying for/participating in.
- “Select Participant”
- Add a New Participant (or choose your child once created)
- All information on this page is for the student, i.e. cell phone, email
- “Roster Details”
- You may be asked for tshirt size,
- Height and Weight will be used for rosters
- “Primary Parent/Guardian Information”
- Fill out the Parent information on the next page.
- “Physical Form”
- If you need a form to take to the doctor you may print it here.
- Remember your athlete must have a current physical in order to begin tryouts/practice.
- “Legal Form”
- At this time by clicking on the boxes, you are agreeing and consenting to all information provided.
- You may click on the form to read or print. Please note that when there is a parent/guardian and student check box- they must both be checked to move forward.
- Please DO NOT turn in any forms filled out.
- At this time you can see what you have registered for.
- Click on “Finish” to complete your registrations
WELCOME PARENTS AND ATHLETES
We are excited to introduce a new and easier process for completing the health history forms required for sport participation, called PrivIT e-PPE (electronic Pre-Participation Evaluation). PrivIT e-PPE replaces the paper-based forms with an electronic Pre-Participation Evaluation solution for submitting and managing health information. PrivIT e-PPE is compliant with international privacy laws, including HIPAA and COPPA, ensuring your child’s information is secure.
This new process will help us increase the health and safety of our student athletes and enhance the security and accessibility of the health information when needed.
The three major benefits of using PrivIT e-PPE you will experience are:
1. Simplifies the pre-participation process - Paper to PrivIT e-PPE
? Easy to complete health history questionnaire from your computer or mobile devices
? Review/Renew/Update anytime
2. Improves Athlete Safety and Mitigates Risk
? Comprehensive history pinpointing any factors that might contribute to injury
? Real time health information available on sidelines
3. Ensures Privacy and Availability of an Athlete’s Health History
? Accessible to parent/guardian and authorized school personnel at anytime
? Parents/athletes can use for other activities or organizations
By using PrivIT e-PPE to manage your child’s health history information, your biggest benefit will be in subsequent years, because you will only have to update the information in PrivIT e-PPE as opposed to completing all the paper-based forms again. Click here, for step-by-step instructions explaining how to access PrivIT e-PPE.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact your school’s athletic department. To contact technical support, please visit http://support.priv-it.com, Monday-Friday 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM EST, Saturday 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM EST (closed on Sunday).
CRITICAL STEPS FOR PARENTS
Welcome to the PrivIT e-PPE!
As a parent or guardian of a student athlete, it is your responsibility to complete the medical history information within each section of the PrivIT e-PPE.
Each component must be completed prior to your child’s physical exam. Incomplete medical evaluations will result in medical ineligibility for sports.
Before completing your child’s PrivIT e-PPE, we recommend you have the following information on hand:
? Family Medical History
? Personal Medical History
? Primary Health Insurance Information
PrivIT e-PPE Instructions:
1. Click the PrivIT e-PPE link from your school’s athletic website or go to http://www.e-ppe.com and type your athlete's high school or organization name in the search box.
2. From the results page, click on the name of your child’s high school.
3. From the landing page, click Register.
4. Fill out the registration page with your child's information. As a parent, you do not need to register. However, you can use any email address and password (parent's or an athlete's) but you will only need to register those participating in athletics. This will be the email address and password you will use to access your child’s PrivIT e-PPE in the future. Click 'Register'. (If you have multiple children or you have already registered yourself, you do not need to register again and please refer to #6 below.)
5. After clicking 'Register' a Welcome Message should appear. Read the Welcome Message and when you have finished reading, scroll down to the bottom of the message and click 'Done'. Next, complete your child's Personal Details/Demographics section. There are six components to this area (Personal Information, Primary Insurance, Emergency Contacts, etc).
IMPORTANT: By completing this section, your child's demographic information can be copied to prepopulate for other family members' PrivIT e-PPE demographic information from the Manage Family Members page.
6. On the Home page, under Manage Family section, click the 'Manage Family Members' button. (This section allows you to add your child if you already registered as yourself; and this section allows you to add other family members if necessary.)
? Click Add New Member.
? Enter your child’s first name (and last name if different).
? Click Add
? On the next screen you are able to copy PrivIT e-PPE family History data and demographic data from other family members.
? Confirm the information you want copied and click Copy.
? You will now see your child listed under Family Members and you can begin completing your child’s PrivIT e-PPE.
? To begin completing your child’s PrivIT e-PPE click on the pencil in the PrivIT e-PPE Questionnaire column next to their name.
? A message will appear notifying you that you will be editing information that will be associated with a particular high school or organization. Click Ok.
? Complete the demographic information section and click Save and Exit.
? You will be taken to the introduction page for the PrivIT e-PPE Questionnaire. Click Start.
? Complete the 17 components of the e-PPE questionnaire. We recommend completing the questionnaire all together at once. You are able to click the "Save and Exit" button (Located at the bottom of each page in the questionnaire) to allow you to finish at a later date if needed.
IMPORTANT: In order for a component to be 100% complete you will need to answer all mandatory questions, marked with a red asterisk, and check the box at the bottom that states "I have thoroughly read all questions on this page and answered them to the best of my knowledge." You will not be able to print your forms until this step is complete.
7. Click Finished.
After completing your child’s PrivIT e-PPE questionnaire, you MUST add your child to the teams he/she will be participating in or trying out for this academic year. To do this, click 'Manage Your Team Memberships' from the home screen and check the box next to the sports your child will be playing.
IMPORTANT: You cannot skip this step as it is critical for you to be able to print your child’s reports to take to the physical exam. In addition, your child’s coaches and athletic trainers will be able to review eligibility status, emergency contact information, and see your child on the team roster.
8. After you have completed your child’s PrivIT e-PPE questionnaire and added them to a team, you will need to print out the appropriate reports/forms your child will need for his/her physical exam.
Newton Athletic Director