HS Girls' BKB Beats 21-2 Troy Christian
Congrats to the HS Girls' Basketball team on their 47-42 victory over 21-2 Troy Christian. The Lady Indians were led by Tatum McBride with a game high 29 points. They move onto the District Semifinals to play Tri-Village at Brookville HS on Tuesday, Feb. 27th at 7:30pm.
2/27/2018 7:30 PM
HS Boys' BKB - Tournament Info
The HS Boys' Basketball team received the #10 seed at the tournament draw yesterday and will play at Troy HS on Wednesday, February 28th at 6:00pm vs. the winner of SCC and Cedarville.
2/28/2018 6:00 PM
"WORKING AS A TEAM TO ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE"
1. Enhance the academic mission of the school district.
- Athletes are students first and that shall never be compromised.
- It is recognized that a well-organized and well-conducted athletic program is a potent factor in the morale of the school and student body. It is also a very important phase of good community/school relations.
- The program should provide an opportunity of positive conference, regional and statewide exposure for the district through athletic accomplishments, which contribute to the overall success of the school.
2. Achieve the total development of the student-athlete.
- To develop sportsmanship
- by developing/enhancing pride.
- by learning to accept constructive criticism.
- by broadening and developing strength of character.
- by developing team concepts and positive attitudes.
- by developing leadership skills.
- by developing basic skills unique to each sport.
- by learning to work toward a common team goal.
- Intellectual growth of student/athlete leading to graduation and a productive life thereafter.
- Service to the community.
3. Ensure a high quality, comprehensive program founded on un-compromised integrity.
- Meeting and exceeding both the letter and the spirit of the Newton Local School District, the Cross County Conference and the Ohio High School Athletic Association policies and guidelines.
- Honesty in interactions with all persons.
- Insistence on high moral standards, which include fairness, good character and respect for others.