All Sports Mandatory Parent Meeting - Monday August 20th
Parents Preseason Meeting Invitation for Newton Junior High and High School Parents & Athletes
You and your student-athlete are invited to attend a preseason athletic meeting that will include school administrators. This meeting will take place on MONDAY, AUGUST 20TH at 6:30 p.m., and will be held in the JH GYM. The general purpose of the meeting is to make students and their parents aware of the obligations they must meet in order to have the privilege of participating in interscholastic athletics. Besides reviewing the school’s essential eligibility standards, our athletic policies and/or code of conduct and reviewing policies and procedures related to topics like sportsmanship and health and concussion/sports medicine issues, attendees will also have the opportunity to break down into smaller groups to meet with the coaches of the students’ particular sport. We hope you will join us for this informative meeting since attendance is a required condition in order for your student to be eligible to compete for our school. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
Hope you all enjoy your summer and I look forward to seeing you on Monday, August 20th!!
8/20/2018 6:30 PM
"WORKING AS A TEAM TO ACHIEVE EXCELLENCE"
1. Enhance the academic mission of the school district.
- Athletes are students first and that shall never be compromised.
- It is recognized that a well-organized and well-conducted athletic program is a potent factor in the morale of the school and student body. It is also a very important phase of good community/school relations.
- The program should provide an opportunity of positive conference, regional and statewide exposure for the district through athletic accomplishments, which contribute to the overall success of the school.
2. Achieve the total development of the student-athlete.
- To develop sportsmanship
- by developing/enhancing pride.
- by learning to accept constructive criticism.
- by broadening and developing strength of character.
- by developing team concepts and positive attitudes.
- by developing leadership skills.
- by developing basic skills unique to each sport.
- by learning to work toward a common team goal.
- Intellectual growth of student/athlete leading to graduation and a productive life thereafter.
- Service to the community.
3. Ensure a high quality, comprehensive program founded on un-compromised integrity.
- Meeting and exceeding both the letter and the spirit of the Newton Local School District, the Cross County Conference and the Ohio High School Athletic Association policies and guidelines.
- Honesty in interactions with all persons.
- Insistence on high moral standards, which include fairness, good character and respect for others.